Saturday, June 26, 2010

Final Reflection


This course taught me many great ways to integrate technology into my classroom. As a teacher who is just starting out with the integration part, I feel as though the GAME plan idea really put things in perspective. Having goals set out in the beginning allowed me to go back and make sure that what I was doing was following the GAME plan. As most of us in this cohort, we are on summer break now and will not see our students until the fall. However, during the break, I can and will use this time to plan for how I will better implement my GAME plan into my classroom teachings next year.

Being a Social Studies teacher, there are numerous ways to integrate technology into the classroom. There are many historical events that have websites that are interactive for the classroom. A few that I have already have lined up for next year to use in my classroom are an "Attack on Pearl Harbor" website and a "United States Holocaust Memorial Museum" website that has many ways for students to become interactive with the material. These examples are just a fraction of what is available out there for teachers like me that understand the importance to get our students involved in using technology; and then also using it to help them learn is even better! I look forward to next school year and having the ability to use technology in my content area.

No comments:

Post a Comment